Two years ago I started online. I joined The Challenge (well…it was called the 30 day challenge then), failed to complete it, and the rest is history.
Funny thing is…The Challenge is starting up again but in a vastly different format (more about that later in this post)
Today kinda marks my 2 year anniversary. So about time for this update dont you think?
“So Whats Your Progress?”
Life is good….
Not sure I am on track with all my goals though!
I did manage to escape the dreaded cubicles (or in my case the M4/M5 motorways) In February of this year.
Shortly after, we packed up and moved over to Phuket for 4 months. Fantastic time, and all of us, even my 5 year old daughter, has caught the travel bug.
Any recommendations where we should go next?
And before you suggest it, yes I have seen Finch’s list of top countries to travel to as an affiliate. And yes – he decided to head out to thailand before I even thought about quiting my dayjob.
So to avoid any rumours that I might be stalking him…..alternatives that are not on his list please
Stack That Money
Apart from grinding out & optimising campaigns i’ve spend a fair bit of time helping folk out at the stack that money forum.
From simple beginners guides, to more advanced video tutorials. Im sure there is something there that takes your interest.
Here is just a flavour of some of my in-depth posts:
- iFraming CPA Offer Landing Pages within Facebook
- Full walkthrough of a $30 per day PPV campaign (great for beginners)
- Building Landing Pages On Speed
- Rapid Offer Testing With High V0lume Targets
- Super Sneaky Adplanner Trick
- WARNING: Build Your Own Scraper With Google Docs
And thats just a small subset of many other awesome posts by Polarbacon, Mr Green
, and Besmir
To top it all off, Polarbacon and I have just finished something for all you Noobs out there to help you get started online! It’ll be available soon, but only to members of the StackThatMoney community
Long Term Projects
I love the chase of CPA marketing with paid traffic. But….It aint a sustainable business really unless you build systems, process and offshore teams to run it all.
And to be honest I do get fed up sometime of the daily grind of churning out more and more quality campaigns.
So as a way of offering some variety, and building some long term assets, im making good progress with a bunch of projects:
- this blog (are you freakin kiddin me -> need to show it some more love
- spy killer webservice to protect your campaigns from copycats
- RunItWhere (more info to follow soon….its all about traffic)
- Scraping toolset
- Sweepstake/contest apps for Facebook
Keep an eye on my twitter
feed to find out more when each of these get launched.
“What About The Challenge?”
Yeah i promised to talk about this years Challenge.
Whether your a newbie or experienced, I suggest you check it out for a number of reasons:
- Ed has consistently over the last 7 years identified major shifts in online marketing and I have no doubt he will do it again this year. The Challenge is where all of this comes together with clear actionable steps!
- Getting Stuff Done, Shipping, Focus finders, CFTs ~ Whatever your poison ~ The Challenge always offers a good dose of advice for streamlining your workflow and overcoming procrastination
- All content will be available from Day 1
Now in the past I have had one big issue with the format.
Too “much” content, in too short a time, and no easy way to quickly get the key points and move on to the next module.
I failed to complete 2 challenges
Got behind and lost the passion for it quit quickly. 3rd time lucky this year!!
It starts today, 1st September 2011.