I’ve been slogging away finishing off my Adsense System with which you can easily Double, even * Tripple * Your Adsense Profits.
Just need to think of a catchy name? –> Comment below if you have any suggestions!
To give you a flavour of what it can do, here are some stats from 1 of my sites last year:
It took me about 5 weeks to achieve this, with an hour a week in effort
$416 profit per hour work
The Law of Compounding
Paul Lemberg explained it well:
We call it the Law of Compounding and use it to describe how a business can grow dramatically by making a series of incremental changes to various elements of that business. This magic works reliably as long as the various elements are interrelated.
Whats Compounding got to do with Adsense…?
You will probably think about compound interest. But whats this got to do with adsense? Lots…
Adsense Revenue = Visitors * Page Views * Click Through * Google Revenue Share% * Cost Per Click
So a small improvement at each step will result in BIG improvements at the end.
Rule of 72
To know the %improvement needed in each step to double your profits, use the Rule of 72. All you need is to divide 72 by the number of interrelated steps.
I’ll ignore the Google Revenue Share at the moment as I dont think you can influence this unless your a HUGE publisher.
72 / 4 Steps = 18% Improvement
Here’s an example
Say your website has the following stats:
121 visitors per day, each view on average 3.4 pages. Your adsense click through rate is 1.4% and the average return per click* is $1.21.
-> What would you need to do to double your Adsense Profits?
- 21 extra visitors
- For every 10 visitors, get 6 to view an additional page
- 2 extra clicks on ads for every 1000 page views
- Use keywords that bring in an additional 0.21 per click
So there are 4 simple steps…
Step 1: Improve Your Search Engine Rankings
Most sites rank number 1 in the search engines for a couple of key phrases. They rank in the top 20 for many others. The simplest way to dramatically INCREASE your visitors is to focus on your top keywords for which you dont rank on number 1.
So what do you need to do?
- Take your list of keywords that drive traffic (i use google analytics), ranked by most visitors per day.
- For each keyword check your Search Engine rankings, drop all number 1 rankings from your list
- Using your favorite keyword tool also check the remaining keywords for target traffic
- Identify the ones with the biggest gap, where you are ranked between 6 and 10
Getting to the top 5 ranks, and moving up 1 spot will have a huge change on the number of visitors:
What this means is that moving from 5th rank to 4th rank on a keyword will increase your traffic for that keyword by 27%. Moving from 4th to 3rd will increase it by 42%.
The big jump though comes from moving from 2 to 1: 240% increase!!
So its easy to find an additional 21 visitors…
- Get more backlinks using your target keyword phrases identified above
- Make sure you bookmark (delicious, stumpleupon) the pages you create the bank links on (that way google will index them)
- See if you can include your target keyword phrase in the page title, description, and headings.
Step 2: Increase the Stickyness of your site
The key here is to improve the average pages viewed by each visitor.
Many ways to do this, here is just one way I have used…
In Google Analytics, run the report which shows you the pages with most traffic and their bounce rates. Identify your average, and then spot the pages that are a lot worse than the average.
Look at these pages or posts, and do some of the following:
- Include a clear link back to your home page or blog that a visitor cant miss
- Include at the bottom of the page links to related articles or posts
- Ask for comments (I use Disqus)
By reducing your bouncerate on those pages (say in half), you will easily achieve a 18% improvement in average pages per visitor.
Step 3: Improve Click through
Without people actually clicking on the ads, getting more visitors is pointless.
NEVER CLICK ON YOUR OWN ADS OR ASK PEOPLE TO CLICK!
Here are some simple tips that will help to increase clickthroughs:
- Make sure your adsense ads blend with the content background. So when you have a white background on your site, set the adsense background and border colour to white.
- Set the Adsense Link colour to the same colour as all other links on your site
- Make sure it uses the same font (you can now specify your adsense fonts)
- Set the Adsense Display URL colour to the colour of the text
- Set Adsense text colour to a slightly darker version of your main content. For example, on a white background set your main text colour to: #111, and set your Adsense text colour and display url to #000
- Try out image ads and pure text ads and see whether this improves CTR and CPC.
Using the above simple steps, I increased my CTR by 127%:
So how difficult would it be to get only an 18% improvement? Easy!
Step 4: Get more Money Per Click
This is my Super Secret. I am not yet ready to share this, but I will give you some background and hints.
If your clever – you will probably figure it out yourself
Google decides which ads to show on a page based on the theme keywords identified by the advertiser and how well this relates to your page / content.
There is a way of finding out what google thinks your page is about.
All you then need to do is check the related keywords, spot the ones with a higher CPC, and include some content on your page with those keywords. You should also build some backlinks to your page with those keywords.
I did this on my site and my Profit per Ad went up from $0.12 to $0.15 on average -> a 25% increase!
So whats next…
Have a go at the above steps and share your results in the comments section below.
Also keep an eye out for further tips, tricks and secrets by: